Stoneham M E Federal Credit Union is seeking a Controller responsible for managing all practices and activities in the finance and accounting functions to ensure compliance with state and federal rules and regulations. The Controller will manage auditing, accounting, benefits administration and recordkeeping activities of the credit union to ensure they meet generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) Make recommendations relating to budget preparation, income forecasts, and operational changes as needed
- Directly or through subordinates, oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of the credit union to include liquidity analysis, ALM, AP, AR, budgets, GL, financial analysis, financial reporting, including the NCUA’s 5300 call report, and record keeping, investments, payroll, and taxes.
- At the direction of the president, supervise the credit union’s investment activities as custodian of funds, securities, and assets of the organization;
- Serve as the credit union’s liaison with NCUA examiners and auditors.
- Prepares financial reports; ensures complete/accurate financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union
- Directly or through subordinates prepare, pay, and file all accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Monitor cost control activities. Approve and implement cost control strategies as needed.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity and schedules, employee payroll, pension and 401(k) entries.
- Administers employee benefits program and maintains employee records.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts as assigned.
- Review and analyze financial data. Generate a variety of reports and statements as requested by management. Prepare financial statements and reports on a regular basis.
- Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts, Post investment interest checks, review daily cash balances.
- Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
- Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
- Perform a variety of activities to assist the president in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union.
- Enter data into accounting systems and generate reports on a daily basis. Prepare various financial, regulatory, and special reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as requested by management.
- Review, approve and enter employee expenses into the general ledger.
- Post and reconcile investor remittances on mortgages.
- Creating or verifying outgoing wires and reconciling corporate accounts.
- Reconcile corporate credit card accounts.
- Process receivables from the settlement companies and collection attorneys
Minimum of 5 to 10 years of similar or related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume along with a letter of interest and salary requirements to email@example.com by March 1, 2021