Under the direction and leadership of the Mortgage Operations Manager, we are looking to fill Underwriting Supervisor to direct, guide and supervise the underwriting staff with timely decisions for residential loans in accordance with the Credit Union’s business plan, policies and procedures.
BEING THE UNDERWRITING SUPERVISOR AT SMB GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work in a collaborative, family-oriented financial institution providing direction and supervision to a staff of underwriting professionals.
- Underwrite conventional, government and portfolio loans using industry standards and portfolio underwriting guidelines.
- Analyze residential loan applications for review of conditions and decisions.
- Attend periodic training to keep current with all secondary market and government loan guidelines.
- Work with investors and auditors to ensure all residential loans meet requirements.
- Recommend and assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures. Responsible to recommend process improvements and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Business or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years’ experience in mortgage underwriting or related experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience in an operations environment.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of all Investor, State and Federal compliance lending regulations.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, under pressure and be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience in staff development, training and departmental supervision.
- Computer experience required, Microsoft Office, Fannie Mae Technology Applications and related experience in Mortgage Lending Software.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY by clicking the CAREERS link @ www.stmarysbank.com or email Pamela Roy @ email@example.com.