Processes files for the closing and/or post closing of residential and/or commercial real estate and mortgage transactions and respond to questions from agents, processors and closers to assist in the resolution of more complex transactions.
- Process, review for completeness and organize the closing file.
- Order all necessary information for the upcoming closing, including payoff, title evidence, mortgage documentation, inspections and other pertinent information. Schedule closings.
- Order and coordinate delivery of abstracts. Obtain and review all documents to satisfy lien holders.
- Maintain accuracy of files throughout the closing process.
- Prepare title transfer and mortgage documentation, HUD settlement statements and other required miscellaneous documents for execution.
- Coordinate constantly changing daily, weekly and monthly closing calendar with processors and closers to ensure proper coverage of closings.
- Determine and verify title exceptions.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to any phone inquiries from our customers regarding pending and closed files. Communicate with sales associates and client about the closing process.
- Handle more complex transactions, respond to questions from other processors, underwrite title insurance limiting risks of claims and resolve title deficiencies.
- May conduct the closing including explanation of all related documents and closing costs.
- May perform administrative duties such as, answer phones, type, proof, package and distribute documents and files, perform copying, retrieve files, process mail and courier deliveries and help with mailings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Five to eight years of real estate, mortgage or title experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong computer skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work efficiently, handle deadline pressures and work as a member in a team-environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, with a customer service focus.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Must possess a strong aptitude for figures.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month.
- Apple Valley closing center, Apple Valley, MN | Full-time
Employees working 30 or more hours per week receive many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision and life insurance
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Incentive plan
- Discount programs
- Community Service Day
Employees enjoy a supportive, fun and flexible work environment that values innovation, creativity and new ideas. Management and leadership are accessible and encourage input from employees.
After more than 60 years, Edina Realty Home Services continues to uphold the core values of honesty, integrity and commitment set by founder Emma Rovick in 1955.
The positive and enjoyable work atmosphere contributes to high employee retention across our family of companies. In fact, 55 percent of employees have been with the company at least five years.
We think Edina Realty Home Services is a great place to work, but you don’t have to take our word for it. We have consistently been named a Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace.
Edina Realty Home Services provides equal opportunity (EEOC) to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, disabled veteran, Vietnam era vet, marital status or other non-job related characteristics or category protected by US. Federal, state of local law.